Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM - For Immediate Release
FAQs about what to expect when traveling via SMF during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Is the Sacramento International Airport conducting health screenings of passengers?
Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is not a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) designated Airport for health screenings of passengers. We have been closely monitoring the situation and working with our local Public Health Department to ensure we are informed and able to continue to provide the safest traveling experience possible for our passengers. Additionally, the Airport does not currently have any nonstop flights to Europe or Asia, so would not be a first point of entry for passengers traveling from those international destinations.
What measures is Sacramento International Airport taking to help prevent the spread of COVID19?
- We have increased routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and put additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the airport. In addition, SMF has a protocol in place should our Communication Center receive reports of a potential sick passenger.
- TSA checkpoints have increased the frequency in which they clean and sanitize bins used by passengers.
- As of March 13, SMF has increased the amount of fresh air entering each building from 10 percent to 100 percent.
- Additionally, we encourage all passengers to follow Public Health guidance and practice every day preventive actions to help stop the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough.
- Sneeze into a tissue then throw the tissue away in the trash. Wash your hands afterwards.
What should I do if I need to change my travel plans?
For any changes or cancelation of flights, passengers should contact their airline. The Airport is unable to assist with any travel changes/cancelations.
How do I learn more about COVID-19 and recommendations from Sacramento County Public Health and CDC?
For the latest information regarding COVID-19 please visit the following websites:
- CDC - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDPH - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- SCPH - COVID-19 (2019 Coronavirus)
What should I do if I have a medical emergency at the Airport?
If you have a medical emergency while at Sacramento International Airport, call the Airport Communication Center 916-929-5000.
Are shops and restaurants still open at the Airport?
In an effort to comply with the most recently announced federal guidelines and out of an abundance of caution some retail shops and restaurants at Sacramento International Airport have reduced their seating capacity, limited their hours or closed until further notice.
|Farm to Fork to Sky Kiosk||CLOSED|
|Farm to Fork to Sky Market||CLOSED|
|Vino Volo||10:00am – 9:00pm|
|Taylors Market||4:30am – 10:00pm|
|Famous Famiglia||5:00am -5:00pm|
|Burgers and Brew||CLOSED|
|Starbucks (Terminal B)||4:30am – 9:00pm|
|Starbucks (Terminal A)||CLOSED|
|Jack Urban Eats||CLOSED|
|Dos Coyotes||6:00am – 7:00pm|
|Cafeteria 15L||11:00am – 8:00pm (limited menu)|
|Peet’s Coffee (Terminal B)||CLOSED|
|Peet’s Coffee (Terminal A)||5:00am – 11:30am|
|Iron Horse Tavern||8:00am – 7:30pm|
|Freshii||4:00am – 7:00pm|
|The Well||4:00am – 9:30pm|
|Escape Lounges (Terminal A)||CLOSED|
|Escape Lounges (Terminal B)||CLOSED|
|DOCO Market||5:00am – 9:00pm|
|Travel+Well (Terminal B)||CLOSED|
|Travel Well (Terminal A)||CLOSED|
|InMotion (Terminal A)||CLOSED|
|InMotion (Terminal B)||CLOSED|
Is the Sacramento International Airport currently open?
SMF is currently open to travelers. As of now, planes have not been grounded by the FAA and are still flying in and out of the Sacramento International Airport. The Airport has taken additional steps to keep traveling passengers safe including increased cleaning of high touch points and TSA bins, put additional hand sanitizer stations throughout the terminals, and changed the airflow in the terminals to 100% fresh air. Please contact your airline for updates on flights. www.sacramento.aero/smf/flight-and-travel/flight-status
Can I get a refund on parking fees if I am unable to return to SMF on time?
SMF is not currently providing relief from parking fees for those choosing to shelter in place where they are and not return on their previously scheduled date. Passengers do have the option of having a friend or family member pick up their car from the airport.
How do I find out if my flight is canceled?
Please contact your airline to find out information on current flight status.
The Sacramento County Department of Airport is responsible for planning, developing, operating and maintaining the county’s four airports: Sacramento International Airport, Executive Airport, Mather Airport and Franklin Field. Sacramento International Airport offers more than 155 daily nonstop flights on 12 domestic and international carriers to 36 destinations. The regional economic impact of the Sacramento County airport system is more than $4 billion annually. For more information, visit sacramento.aero.