Learn more about the Sacramento County Airport System, our airports and our mission.
The Sacramento County Airport System is owned and operated by the County of Sacramento. As an enterprise operation that is not supported by the Sacramento County general fund (local tax dollars), it must fund itself with the revenues it generates.
Four airports comprise the Sacramento County Airport System:
- Sacramento International Airport – focus on passenger aviation
- Mather Airport – focus on cargo aviation
- Executive Airport – focus on general aviation
- Franklin Field – focus on general aviation training activities
Each of the airports support the others in the system by having a strategic focus. This enables the airports to focus on the uses that are best suited for their facilities, services and customers.
Mission, Vision & Values
Our Mission: To put people at the center of every trip, every experience, every day.
Our Vision: To be the most loved airport.
Start With The Customer: Our passengers are our top priority and everything we do should help us in delivering an experience that makes them feel at home.
Make Something Better Today: We refuse to settle for the way things are and see every day as an opportunity to improve.
Collaborate: We are stronger together. We’re able to accomplish more for our customers and each other through shared goals and mutual support.
Be Transparent: We communicate internally and externally with unwavering candor, honesty and respect.
Own It: We are a team of doers. We take pride in what we do and we take responsibility for the opportunities placed before us.
- 2021-2022 Airline Operating Fees - Signatory Airlines
- 2021-2022 Airline Operating Fees - Non-Signatory Airlines
- 2020-2021 Airline Operating Fees - Signatory Airlines
- 2020-2021 Airline Operating Fees - Non-Signatory Airlines
- 2022-2023 Airline Operating Fees - Signatory Airlines
- 2022-2023 Airline Operating Fees - Non-Signatory Airlines
Sacramento County Airport System offers the following plans and policies for public download as PDF files.
- DOT Tarmac Delay Plan - PDF Document
- Sacramento Valley Conservancy, Associate Partner
- Sacramento County Business Enterprise Resource Center, Funding Partner
- Aviation Commitment to Action on Climate Change
The following is a partial list of the Sacramento County Airport System’s memberships:
- Airports Council International – North America
- California Aerospace Museum
- California Airports Council
- California Travel Industry Association
- Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority
- Napa Chamber of Commerce
- Napa Valley Destination Council
- Northern California World Trade Center
- Greater Sacramento Economic Council
- Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Hotel Association
- Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Valley Conservancy
- Yountville Live
SMF ranked highest in customer service, medium-sized airports, J.D. Power’s 2017 North American Airport Satisfaction study
Airports Council International-North America 2017 Richard A. Griesbach overall award of excellence for the concessions program at Terminal A
- 2012 Regional Project of the Year, Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG).
- Airports Council International-North America 2012 Richard A. Griesbach overall award of excellence for the concessions program at Terminal B
- Real Estate Project of the Year,Terminal B, Sacramento Business Journal
- Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- 2012 Airports Council International - North America (ACI-NA) Excellence in Airport Marketing and Communications Contest,1st place in Special Events Category and 2nd place in the Print and Television Advertising Categories for Terminal B.
- 2012 Aviation Project of the Year, Terminal B, from the California Transportation Foundation
- 2012 Sacramento Environmental Commission Recognition Award for “Demonstration of Use of Tools, Techniques, and Best Practices to Address Sustainability," Terminal B
- 2012 Sacramento Public Relations Association (SPRA) CAPPIE Award, Gold, Short Term Public Relations Programs
- 2012 International Partnering Institute John L. Martin Project of the Year Award, Diamond Level
- 2012 Northern California Chapter of the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) - Project Achievement Award, projects greater than $100 million
- 2012 American Council of Engineering Companies – Golden State Award for AECOM, Corgan Assoc., Inc. and the Sacramento County Airport System for Sacramento International Airport’s Big Build Program.
- 2012 American Society of Civil Engineers – Sacramento Section Project of the Year for The Big Build. Presented to SCAS, Buehler & Buehler, and Corgan Assoc. Inc in association with Fentress Architects
- 2012 Sacramento Business Journal Green Leadership Award, Project of the Year, Terminal B
- 2012 Valley Vision Legacy Award, Regional Economic Development Leader - Hardy Acree, Director of Sacramento County Airport System
- 2011 WTS – Sacramento Chapter Innovative Transportation Solutions Award to Sacramento International Airport’s Big Build Program.
- 2011 Airport Revenue News Award, Airport with the Best Customer Service – Medium-Sized Airport
- 2011 Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting
- 2010 Richard A. Griesbach Excellence in Concessions Contest/Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) 3rd Place Award, Best Specialty Retail Program, Medium and Small Airports
- 2010 Chief Operating Officer Lisa Stanton named CFO of the Year- Public Sector Category by the Sacramento Business Journal
- 2009 ACI-NA 3rd Place Award, Marketing Campaigns
- 2007 Sacramento Environmental Commission Recognition Award
- 2006 Sacramento Environmental Commission Recognition Award
- 2005 American Lung Association of Sacramento – Emigrant Trails Clean Air Champion Award
- 1998 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award for Environmental Management