Friday, October 11, 2019 at 9:58 AM - For Immediate Release
Busy Holiday Weekend at Sacramento International Airport
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Columbus Day weekend is one of the busiest travel holiday weekends of the year and the start of our busy holiday season at Sacramento International Airport. Whether flying out or picking up loved ones, customers are encouraged to arrive early, anticipate delays and be prepared by checking parking lot status on our website and downloading the PassioGO! app.
The airport recommends travelers arrive at least two hours in advance of flight departure to allow time to park, check your bag, and to get through security stress free. The lines at ticket counters and security checkpoints may be longer than normal.
Parking lots will fill and close, so please plan to arrive early, and keep an eye out for signs directing you to open lots. Visit our interactive parking map to see current availability and download the PassioGO! app to see real-time parking shuttle status and ETA.
- Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be aware of your options.
- Unlike other parking options at SMF, the West Economy Lot is pre-pay by license plate. Customers will need to pay when they park by entering their license plate number at the pay station and providing electronic payment.
- Shuttle service is provided to the East and West Economy Lots in 25-30 minute intervals.
- Hassle-free covered parking is available at the garage ($18/day). It is a few minutes’ walk from either terminal
- Parking overnight at the Hourly B lot is not recommended, as is it designed – and priced – for people meeting and greeting passengers in Terminal B.
Prefer to let someone else drive? Ground transportation options include taxicabs, SuperShuttle, offsite van and shuttle bus companies, Yolo bus public transportation, and app based ride services like Uber or Lyft.
The Sacramento County Department of Airports is responsible for planning, developing, operating and maintaining the county’s four airports: Sacramento International Airport, Executive Airport, Mather Airport and Franklin Field. Sacramento International Airport offers more than 155 daily nonstop flights on 12 domestic and international carriers to 36 destinations. The regional economic impact of the Sacramento County Department of Airports is more than $4 billion annually. For more information, visit sacramento.aero.